Rules are posted at TrueAchievments.com and may be updated before this site is updated: Contest Rules
The Great TrueAchievement Score Challenge 2012
The competition will start at midnight Eastern (5 am GMT) on Sunday, January 1st, 2012. At that time, each Gamertags current TrueAchievement score will be captured and the competition will
The competition will be comprised of 100 teams with 5 Gamertags within each team.
* The teams that finish in the top 5 in the previous years' GTASC are given an automatic entry for themselves and 3 more patsy's to round out their team. (Provisions will be made if Team
Disposable Income wishes to defend their title.) - Three such teams applied.
* 5 teams will be chosen by the host team - which is also competing.
* 91 teams will be chosen at random from the eligible entrants.
Prerequisites for entry:
1. Teams must be comprised of 5 Gamertags.
2. Each Gamertag must have been registered on TrueAchievements for a minimum of 12 months OR show at least a 1 year tenure on Xbox.com.
3. Each Gamertag must have a TrueAchievement score of at least 25,000 as of the time they apply. (November 1st - 15th)
4. The total TrueAchievement score for the team must not exceed 1,500,000 (1.5 Million) as of the time they apply.
5. Each team shall submit a video or short bio describing their team. Be creative, express yourself. This is intended as a community event, it's nice to know who we're playing with
Reasons entry may be denied:
1. If a Gamertag has the zone 'cheater' on Xbox.com.
2. If a Gamertag has had their TA score removed from TrueAchievements.
3. If a Gamertag shows evidence of modding, such as a modded avatar.
4. A Gamertag may only be on one team. Any subsequent teams submitted with an already registered Gamertag will not be considered for entry.
5. The Competition Moderators reserve the right to refuse any entry.
1. Each team's TrueAchievement score will be captured at Midnight Eastern (0:00) which is USUALLY 0500 (5am) GMT every Sunday.
2. Each week, the 2 teams with the lowest net gain (or biggest loss) of TrueAchievement score will be eliminated.
3. In the event that multiple teams tie for a position to be eliminated, all teams will be eliminated.
4. Elimination will take place weekly on Saturday at Midnight (US - Eastern). The two lowest scoring teams will be eliminated each week. In order to maintain the length of the contest, teams
that drop out or are disqualified (henceforth known as removed) will be taken out of the contest immediately, but will save an active team from being eliminated. If two (or more) teams are
removed from the contest (without being the low scoring team for the week) the elimination will be postponed until such time that all removed teams have taken up the planned elimination spots
and scores will carry over until at least one team can be eliminated normally again.
- If one team is removed (DQd/Leaves) then elimination carries on normally, but only one team is removed for the week.
- If two teams are removed then no teams are eliminated for the week, but scoring carries on to the next week where we will have a normal elimination.
- If three teams are removed, then no teams are eliminated for the current week, scoring carried on to the next week where we will have an elimination of one.
5. If the elimination date is carried over or delayed then the combined TrueAchievement Score for those weeks will count towards the next elimination date - IE, no scoring will be lost.
6. Double eliminations will continue until there are 4 teams at which point the team with the largest TA gain for the week is declared the winner.
7. Any attempt to cause your TrueAchievement scan to fail may result in disqualification.
8. If any Gamertags Gamerscore is reset by Microsoft, if they are branded a 'cheater', if a Gamertag has their TA score removed from the TrueAchievement website or a Gamertag exhibits any
evidence of modding, that Gamertags team will be disqualified. Pending the approval of the new system on TA, someone who has individual game(s) removed from their card by TA will be allowed to continue
in the contest, but their team will be required to make up the score loss by the end of the period.
9. Should any member (or members) of a team decide to withdraw from the competition, the entire team will be withdrawn.
10. Removing yourself from the leaderboard on TA will remove yourself from the contest tracking leaderboard. We understand that while cleaning house and removing yourself from old leaderboards, you may inadvertently remove the
GTASC leaderboard as well. Considering that this is vital for accurately tracking all gamers we must set some stipulations regarding reinviting you to the contest.
- If you 'fall off' the board on a Friday or Saturday, you will not receive another invite.
- If you 'fall off' the board more than once, you will not receive another invite.
11. Teams, once removed from the competition, are not allowed to rejoin.
12. Should a team be disqualified, all members of that team forfeit any claims or rights to prizes.
13. Team members may not be substituted at any time during the competition.
14. Decisions made by the competition moderators with regards to elimination and disqualification are final. Due to the nature of the contest, there is no appeal process.
15. In the event TrueAchievements or Xbox.com are inaccessible for 48 or more continuous hours at any point in a scoring period in the final 72 hours, or either site is inaccessible on a
Saturday after 6PM Eastern (USUALLY 11 PM GMT) and has been so for for a period of an hour or more, then the elimination will roll over until such time as both sites are accessible. The
Saturday of that week will see 2 teams eliminated for each week in the scoring period. This is to preserve the end date of the competition.
- Xbox.com goes down on a Tuesday and due to changes TA is not scanning tags until late Thursday - we combine the failed week and the following one together and eliminate 4 teams come
- TrueAchievements goes down on Friday night and doesn't start scanning tags again until 8PM on Saturday night - we combine the failed week and the following one together and eliminate 4
teams come Saturday night.
- Xbox.com goes down on Monday and both sites are tracking properly again late Tuesday night. The week continues as normal - 2 teams are eliminated on Saturday.
If multiple weeks are involved, 2 teams will be eliminated per week added on. There are no 'bye' weeks.
15. Anything that cannot be scanned by TrueAchievements will not be counted toward your team's score, such as unscannable games.
16. You are not permitted to change your Gamertag without prior authorization from a competition moderator.
17. Donation(s) to the competition are voluntary and are not required for entry.
18. Donation(s) to the competition do not guarantee a prize nor does it affect any decision towards elimination.
19. Applications to the competition will not be considered until such time as all team members have applied.
20. You are not permitted to use the forums to flame, belittle or insult anyone in the competition.
21. Any content that is considered obscene, racist, sexist, ageist, homophobic or which endorses illegal activity entered into the forums may result in team disqualification.
22. You are not permitted to accuse a person of cheating within a open forum, such action may result in your team being disqualified.
23. The competition moderators reserve the right the refuse entry and to remove a team from the competition at any time without notice.
While earning achievements offline may sometimes be unavoidable, due to the nature of the contest it is something that's frowned upon. We do understand that sometimes there's no
helping it so
please, if you've earned any achievements offline be sure to post about it in the thread set up solely for this; GTASC 2012 Offline Achievements. This year there is a cap for allowable
offline acquired achievements of no more than 250 TA points per Gamertag per week. Exceeding this cap will result in the disqualification of the offending Gamertags team.
Due to the new system we have in place that disregards all offline scored achievements, there is no need for a cap. Any achievement won offline simply does not count toward your team's
Prizes will be awarded in two categories this year, Team and Individual. Prizes to be determined by the time teams are chosen (December 1st) with a list available here: GTASC 2012 Prizes
Prizes offered are subject to availability and may be affected by region. Should a prize be unavailable then an alternative will be offered of similar or lesser value.
We aim to have all prizes sent out by the end of 2012, although we cannot guarantee this nor can we guarantee a delivery time.
Prizes primarily are to be funded by planting42
, however, all donations to the competition will be put towards a
prize fund and may result in the items offered being replaced with higher value items. All monetary donations are welcome, however, should an individual wish to donate an item for the prize
fund, they are welcome to do so. If an individual wished to donate an item and specify the conditions of winning it, that is also allowed (and encouraged). Any donated prizes should be sent
to one of the contest moderators for distribution and be in 'new' condition. We ask that you speak with one of the competition moderators before declaring your intent of donating any items.
We make no guarantees as to the quality or condition of prizes offered by the community. A list of competition moderators can be found at the end of this document.
This year we will be adding a new feature into the mix. Periodically we will be announcing bonuses that can be won by the teams for completing a specific milestone or accomplishment. Bonuses
can be 'cashed in' at any point in the week prior to the final hour and must be timestamped by TrueAchievements before that final hour begins. Any team member may claim a team bonus here:
GTASC 2012 Bonuses
Bag a Bonus All 5 team members must start AND complete any retail title within the same scoring period to earn a bonus worth 1000TA.
planting42 - TA Homepage
WarmedxMints - TA Homepage
DragonYen - TA Homepage
Xbox Live, Xbox and all other Xbox Live Terms are copyright of Microsoft Corporation.
Rules subject to change without notice.
Entry into this competition requires Xbox Live Gold membership, A TrueAchievements account, internet access and the means to earn achievements. The operators of this competition do not take
any responsibly for any costs incurred.
Score information is taken from TrueAchievements, we cannot offer any guarantee or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of this information.